Ultrasonic Thickness Testing
To provide a basic knowledge of ultrasonics to enable a participant to carry out thick ness gauging tests according to an established procedures. The course is especially designed to provide a sound theoretical knowledge and practical skills for carrying out ultrasonic thickness testing
- Ultrasonic Fundam entals.
- Ultrasonic Transducers - Construction and Operation.
- Longitudinal Waves
- Effects of Reflector/Test Geometry
- Pulse-Echo Test Set up
- Couplants and Coupling Techniques
- Ultrasonic Instrumentation
- Thickness Measurement
LEVEL II PRACTICAL TRAINING
Ultrasonic thickness testing of pipes, tubes, hollow machined components, castings, plates and corroded parts